Top 12 Principles of Account Management
- It’s all about the customer’s business and industry. Understanding the customer’s business drivers, structure, and strategies will ensure solutions have maximum business impact.
- Account growth comes from customer growth and helping the customer WIN. Seeking opportunities to help the customer compete must be a daily discipline.
- Providing thought leadership, superior value, and solution innovation “through the eyes of the customer” form the cornerstones to build profitable long term relationships.
- Understanding how decisions are made and aligning to the value drivers influencing each key player is instrumental in winning opportunities.
- Involving the customer closely in the planning, execution, and periodic review of the business relationship builds customer loyalty and retention.
- Creating a common language of consultative behaviors is the foundation of successful
- Account Management must operate in a “living,” continuously updated framework. It must be tightly integrated within the sales process.
- Superior knowledge of competitive tactics and strategies will drive unique differentiation and enable the core account team to reinforce exclusive benefits.
- Account Team dynamics and meetings must challenge and provoke action-oriented thinking.
- Technology can be a powerful enabler as a means of reinforcement, idea exchange, and accelerating core account team effectiveness.
- Executive Leadership must continuously champion and reinforce the value of Account Management to ensure its adoption into the sales culture.
- Nothing works without superior EXECUTION. A bias for realistic, quantifiable, results oriented implementation is essential.
Visit the PDF Library to download this and other professionally formatted sales training articles and resources.
© Copyright Sales Effectiveness, Inc. – All rights reserved.
For more information, contact:
Sales Effectiveness, Inc.
570 W Crossville Rd Suite 103
Roswell, GA 30075