You’ve probably heard it suggested that, when it comes to buying, we’re all walking around listening to the same radio station, WIIFM, which stands for “What’s In It For ME?”
As a sales person, though, the most important question you will ever be asked is… “Why should I do business with YOU?”
The key word here is WHY.
Do you have an appropriate, well-thought-out response?
Without being able to answer the WHY, you are simply another commodity and will almost always lose out to a lower price.
In order to effectively answer WHY, you must first understand the conversation that is going on inside the customer’s head:
- What can this person and organization do better than we can do ourselves?
- How can they help me improve my business?
- What creative insights do they bring that we have not thought about?
- What results have they had in organizations like mine?
- What additional value do they offer beyond what everyone else offers?
- How can they help me compete?
- What will be our return on investment if we proceed with this decision?
- How easy are they to do business with?
- How flexible and agile are they?
By answering these questions ahead of time, you will be able present yourself in such a way that clearly and unmistakably answers the question… “Why should I do business with YOU?”
Very few salespeople, managers…and businesses in general… spend the time and effort to come up with a powerful, dynamic, compelling, seductive, hypnotic and irresistible answer to that question.
But…if you do…..if you are able to articulate that clearly and powerfully, then you will find that the answer to the question becomes the core drumbeat of your message, and sales will begin to take on a life of its own. We all know it is not easy. It takes effort. It requires clear thinking. It requires conviction. And that can then make you a Rainmaker!
Think about it. And Good Selling!