Why a High-Performance Sales Culture?
We shared last month the beginning of this Sales Culture series, and before we get started, here are reasons you should focus on developing a High-Performance culture with your sales teams:
- A strong Sales Culture unites
- Culture sets expectations
- Culture is the foundation for accountability and ownership – and therefore, it is where SALES LEADERS must place significant attention.
- Culture drives a WINNING Mindset. And finally, as with most sports teams,
- Culture focuses on PEOPLE, ACTIONS and BEHAVIORS that drive RESULTS!
- Culture differentiates – it is the ULTIMATE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE. Culture is the hardest thing for competitors to copy
Nadella Satya, Microsoft’s CEO has this to say:
“Anything is possible for a company when its culture is about listening, learning, and harnessing individual passions and talents to the company’s mission. All employees must embrace a ‘learn-it-all’ curiosity. Creating that kind of culture is my chief job as CEO.”
- Nadella Satya, CEO Microsoft
If you want to improve your culture, then you should understand the health of your Sales Culture today in order to define what the future should be. This series will focus on ten ingredients of a High-Performance Sales Culture. Each blog will look at one of the ingredients, highlighting practices we see being followed by high performing sales organizations who are strong in each ingredient.
- Customer Experience
- Sales Leadership
- Growth Playbooks
- Sales Process
- Compensation and Celebration
- Metrics and Scorecards
- Learning and Skills Mastery
- Sales Enablement
Many of these will reflect things you may be doing well already, others will likely present opportunities for improvement. Stay tuned!
Next UP - Customer Experience - the Ultimate Barometer of Success