21 Guiding Principles of High-Performance Sales Professionals
In Sales, what is a Guiding Principle, you might ask? Some say they represent what you stand for. Others say that they provide a philosophy or context for how you and your sales organization strives to work and function. We will use ‘Guiding Principles’ as the ideas, behaviors and truths that drive and inspire you to succeed as a Sales Pro. As we look to the future, we have the opportunity to redefine what Sales should be and how we, as sales pros act. We have identified 21 principles. We will share them in small chunks over the next several blogs.
Think about each. How well are YOU embracing these? Where would you like to focus?
- Customer Focus - The Customer is who we work for. Customers buy from people they respect, like and trust. You and everyone in our organization are responsible for the Customer Experience.
- Visualize the Future – Customers listen intently to advisors who paint a vivid picture of what can be. Help your customer shape and visualize their future.
- Develop Grit and Mental Toughness – Grit is having passion and perseverance for long term goals. Having grit is the difference maker as it reflects the genuine drive you have to succeed at whatever you wish to do. Focus on what you can control.
- Always Be Prospecting – Pick up the phone! Do something every day to secure new business. Never go home without at least one future appointment agreed-to.
- Keep Score - Track your numbers. The best sales pros know their numbers and are relentless about the number of touches they make every day.
- DWYSYWD - Do what you say you will do. Keep your commitments. Be a model of integrity and dependability. Return all calls every day, no matter what the time – customers notice.
Stay tuned to for the next set of Guiding Principles
Hunter – Consultant – Influencer –Educator - Facilitator