21 Guiding Principles of High-Performance Sales Professionals
In Sales, what is a Guiding Principle, you might ask? Some say they represent what you stand for. Others say that they provide a philosophy or context for how you and your sales organization strives to work and function. We will use ‘Guiding Principles’ as the ideas, behaviors and truths that drive and inspire you to succeed as a Sales Pro. As we look to the future, we have the opportunity to redefine what Sales should be and how we, as sales pros act. We have identified 21 principles. We will share them in small chunks over the next several blogs.
Think about each. How well are YOU embracing these? Where would you like to focus?
12. Cultivate Your Sales Manager and Your Sales Team - Your Sales Manager and your sales team members are the most important people in your sales career. Cultivate and tap into their wealth of experience to drive results.
13. Learn with Intensity - Be a curious, relentless lifelong learner. Think critically every day. Study and sharpen your sales process and the steps that drive results. Constant learning is the most important individual strategy for sales success.
14. Be the Consummate Connector – The more you connect and help others connect, the stronger and the more powerful relationships that will unfold. Ask customers to provide you with testimonials after you have done good work.
15. Shape the Criteria for Decisions - Understand and shape the customer’s criteria for making decisions. Be clear about the steps the customer will take in making decisions.
16. Seek and Sell Value – Know the value of your products, your services, your people and of your organization inside and out. Since value is in the eyes of the beholder, align and leverage the value you offer with what the customer values.
Hunter – Consultant – Influencer –Educator - Facilitator