21 Guiding Principles of High-Performance Sales Professionals
In Sales, what is a Guiding Principle, you might ask? Some say they represent what you stand for. Others say that they provide a philosophy or context for how you and your sales organization strives to work and function. We will use ‘Guiding Principles’ as the ideas, behaviors and truths that drive and inspire you to succeed as a Sales Pro. As we look to the future, we have the opportunity to redefine what Sales should be and how we, as sales pros act. We have identified 21 principles. We will share them in small chunks over the next several blogs.
Think about each. How well are YOU embracing these? Where would you like to focus?
- Take Control of Your Calendar – You own your time. Be stingy on where you invest it. Focus on what matters. Understand and act on the right balance between what is urgent and what is important.
- Build Personal Relationships - Building a personal relationship is what keeps you inside an organization. Treat everyone with respect. Like them, care for them. Empathize. Help them succeed professionally and personally.
- Show them the Money - Illustrate how the customer and their organization will benefit Define the “compelling reason to act” through creative and sometimes counter-intuitive solutions.
- Compete Aggressively and Professionally – Communicate the benefits of your solution with passion. Never ever denigrate a competitor. It will come back to haunt you.
- Elevate your Mindset - Desire, Optimism, Determination, Persistence, Resilience. Top salespeople never let failure overtake them. Top salespeople recognize that having a growth and positive mindset must be practiced every day.
I hope these principles have challenged you to think and motivated you to focus on behaviors that will help you provide more value to your customers. Top Sales Professional are agile, continually adapting and responding. Are you the Business Advisor you want to be?
Hunter – Consultant – Influencer –Educator - Facilitator