Last week we introduced you to Greg Grimer, one of the foremost world experts on Cold Calling. If you have not listened to that podcast, we strongly encourage you to do that first before listening to this one.
Here are compelling ideas from Greg
- Cold calling is a call where the recipient is NOT expecting your call. It is not cold to you.
- Your value statement is the primary reason someone will elect to listen then or listen later
- Crafting the right value statement for the person you are calling is essential
- Being disciplined and religious every day to achieve a goal of engaged conversations must be your primary strategy.
- The 5-minute rule – calling for 5 minutes every hour (last 5 minutes every hour) – is the best approach to use.
- A mindset of discipline, consistency, and achieving simple goals is key
In this second episode, we dig first into Social Media and particularly
- The power of business priority quantitative value statements
- The four rules that you must use in preparing a value statement
- The buckets of value and how to use them based on the person you are targeting
- Why Value statements need to be rare and unique
- The limited times to use voice mail as part of a multi-channel strategy
- The power of LinkedIn and Sales Navigator and how to get direct numbers for your targets
This second episode is an equally powerful message and we believe you will enjoy it!